Principle Project Engineer
( ref.:167470 )
Honeywell Texas ( > United States of America > North America)
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
We are seeking a Principle Project Engineer for our Houston, TX facility.
• Responsible for leading engineering projects for the oil & gas industry offshore.
• Coordinate the implementation of Process Control Systems for Oil & Gas projects.
• Develop offshore automation systems, improving the facility’s quality, efficiency & production.
• Develop new control strategies in order to minimize environmental impact offshore.
• Create procedures & minimize down time during platform shutdowns.
• Perform required integration of multiple automated systems such as power distribution systems, AC/DC systems, programmable logic controllers & distributed control systems.
• Estimate man-hours required for work packages, requisition hardware & software needed, perform hardware & software integration, configure system instrument databases & control system custom graphics & reports, & manage the project schedule, resources, & budgets.
• Candidate must be able to meet the safety/security certification requirements to work in offshore facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or equivalent experience) in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or in lieu if degree, 10 years engineering experience.
• 10+ yrs total of hands on experience as an automation engineer for process control systems.
• 5 + yrs of recent (in the last 10 years) project experience in offshore oil & gas platforms with hands on experience as an automation engineer.
• 4 years experience Configuring Programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
• Experience should include: interfacing with subsea control systems, configuration of the offshore controls system with cause & effects and tree P&ID’s, performing loop checks, continuity tests, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests, start-up support, & performance tests for process control systems; computer set-up & software configuration for process control consoles under MS Windows operating systems; system integrations involving Honeywell equipment with 3rd party vendors; process control strategies & implementation of new control routines (gas compression, oil separation & oil platform processes, water recovery & utilities); supervisory control & data acquisition systems (SCADA).
• Travel to field offices or off-shore oil facility or rig as required (up to 30% of time; not a typical assignment, but, could be required); relocate to remote sites for short- or long-term to support different phases of the domestic and international projects; & travel to off-shore on a rotation basis (EX: 15 days off-shore & 15 days on-shore, extendible to 21 days off-shore).
• Experience working with sales, proposals & bid processes support, including estimation of engineering & equipment budgets for lump sum or time & material projects; team management across multiple disciplines & teams.
• Experience should include working on C200, PlantScape, & Experion PKS;), Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC-5 and ControlLogix; Process control networks such as Honeywell and Rockwell, including ControlNet, DeviceNet, Universal Control Network, Ethernet, Local Control Networks, wireless networks & other computer-related networks; import/export of relational databases.
• Posses SafeGulf and Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) safety training), & requirements for the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) certification.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Search on Job Number 167470 and “apply”
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. It generated $33.4 billion in sales in 2010 and currently employs 130,000 people in 100 countries. The company has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HPS improves the safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. With more than 12,000 employees in 120 countries, HPS offers a full range of industry-leading automation and control solutions and advanced software applications to key vertical industries, including oil & gas, mining, refining, pulp & paper, power, chemical, and life sciences.
Oil & Gas
Penny Penny Turbeville
+1 email@example.com W. Sam Houston Parkway S
United States of America